Volunteer with Us!
There are so many ways to volunteer at the YWCA! We welcome volunteers of all ages, skills, and abilities. Volunteers support our programming and events, help us take care of our building, and allow our children to learn from community members. We work to match volunteers with projects that suit their interests and talents, while providing the opportunity to grow their capabilities.
YWCA Central Maine has partnered with individual and group volunteers, as well as students seeking volunteer hours and skill-based experience. The YWCA has also hosted corporations for days of service, including employees from Liberty Mutual, Mechanical Savings, and Proctor & Gamble.
Prior volunteers have helped with:
- Planning and/or coordinating events
- Playground and grounds cleanup
- Painting, cleaning, and organizing our community building
- Aquatics program assistance
- Planting flowers and tending on-site gardens
- Preparing culturally significant food for community distribution
- Assisting in classrooms and after-school programs
- Providing music or art experiences for children and youth
- Picking up donations, such as food for our food & nutrition program
- Providing in-kind skilled labor
We are so grateful to enhance or programming and maintain our community building through the generous support of community volunteers like you! If you are interested in volunteering but not sure where to start, please reach out to Member Services at 207-795-4050 or email@example.com