The YWCA is seeking an experienced individual to fill the position of Custodial Worker. The Custodial Worker at the YWCA is responsible for the general appearance and cleanliness of the building. This position consists of work such as waste removal, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping all floors, washing windows, wall washing, cleaning of all surfaces such as light switches, hand rails, tables, benches, cleaning restrooms, all fixtures, replacing toilet supplies as needed (toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, etc.), and disinfecting, scrubbing, and rinsing of locker rooms. You will also be responsible for informing the Facilities Manager when supplies are needed or when repairs are needed. In addition, you will be asked to maintain organization in supply closets and occasionally assist with maintenance tasks. Candidate should have a flexible schedule.
This is a full time position with benefits and a 40-hour work week. Hours may vary from afternoon into evening and weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Take initiative when finding rooms out of order and unclean
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good client/customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team
- High school diploma or GED
- At least two years of experience in cleaning/as janitor
- Have and maintain a clean driving record
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Clean background check
- Must be able to kneel, bend, push, pull, and twist
- Must be able to work off a ladder occasionally
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs.
Please send a resume and cover letter describing your relevant experience to: Garey J. Hodgkins | Facilities Manager | Ghodgkins@ywcamaine.org
The YWCA of Central Maine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with federal, state, and local laws, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disability.
Childcare Support Staff
YWCA Central Maine is seeking a qualified, reliable individual to serve as a member of our childcare team. This is a part-time position (weekdays) in Lewiston.
With the support of the School Age Lead, Director of Childcare Services, and/or Lead Preschool Teachers (depending on time of day and classroom assignments), Childcare Support Staff are responsible for the implementation of program content, daily operations, and supervision of the YWCA Preschool and/or School Age Programs. This program is designed to provide safe, supervised, enriched care for children where their overall development is encouraged and enhanced in the spirit of the YWCA.
Preferred knowledge and experience:
1. Ability to meet the social-emotional, physical, and developmental needs of individual children. Can oversee both small and large groups of children at the same time.
3. Dependable and flexible in a changing work environment
4. Can uphold the mission of the YWCA Central Maine
5. Demonstrates a good understanding of children’s growth and development
1. Must be at least 18 years of age
2. Minimum six months experience working with children
3. High School diploma or equivalency
4. Must be able to pass the state licensing requirements for childcare workers (including SBI and DHHS check)
5. Has reliable transportation to and from work
6. CPR & First Aid Certified (or willingness to become certified)
Please send your resume and letter of interest to: Crystal Parritt | Director of Childcare Services | Cparritt@ywcamaine.org
YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry or national origin, color, sex, immigration status, age, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.